cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lana
Helper II
Helper II

Combo box in Edit Form

I am working on SharePoint list called Quality list where users select Supplier_Name from a combo box which automatically sets Supplier Code and some other fields. The source for my ComboBox1 is another SharePoint list(SupplierList) which has more than 500 items, so my formulas are as follows.

Name:ComboBox1

Items: Filter(SupplierList, StartsWith(Title,Combobox1.SearchText)

SearchFields:["Title"]

DefaultSelectedItems: First([LookUp(QualityList,ID=SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID,'Supplier_Name')]))

Based on the selection in ComboBox1, I am setting Supplier_Code=ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_Code in the Default Value property.

This works fine in the new form. Now in the edit form, how can I set the DefaultValue property for Supplier_Code to Parent.Default & change it to ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_code when a user changes the value in ComboBox1.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lana ,

Something like this should do the job

If(
   !IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_Code),
   ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_Code,
   Parent.Default
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lana ,

Something like this should do the job

If(
   !IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_Code),
   ComboBox1.Selected.Supplier_Code,
   Parent.Default
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Lana ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hello Warren,

Sorry I was able to try only today and it worked.

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,696)