Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbirkenhead
Level: Powered On

Combo box not displaying data from sharepoint

Hi,

I have a standalone combobox in a screen which connects to Office365users. The screen is used for creating or editing records, but it is not an edit form, the firlds have been built individually.

I enter into the screen via two buttons, one button opens up a blank screen for the user to populate fields afresh, the other button opens up a screen containing data relating to the item selected in screen one. When the second form opens I use a variable to determine if the screen is the equivalent of an 'create new form' or 'edit form'. I call the variable var_crid (variable_changerequestid). If I select button one, the variable is set to 0 when screen two is opened and the screen is blank for the user. Upon hitting the save button, the app submits the data to a sharepoint list called MI_Change_Requests and creates a new ID for the record. If I select button two on screen one, the app opens up screen two and brings in the data connected to the ID number in the sharepoint list MI_Change_Requests in screen one.

What I want to be able to do is if I select button one, screen two should open up, and one of the fields in there needs to be a combo box connected to the Office365user list. The user should then be able to choose multiple names from the combo box and submit them to the sharepoint list into a column of data called 'Raisedby' when saved. If the user selects button two, when screen two opens up, They should be able to see the list of names submitted for that record. 

Does anyone know if this is possible please?

I'm open to suggestions to how this can be achieved, the scenario above could be flexible to achieve the desired effect. The essential elements are that a user can type and search for multiple names in a new record, submit that data to a sharepoint list, and users be able to view that data in the record when viewed another time.

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Combo box not displaying data from sharepoint

Hi @jbirkenhead ,

Is Raisedby a person and group column in SharePoint list? If so, then using a combo box control and follow below steps can also achieve what you are trying to do:

Set its Items property to:

Choices([@ListName].MultiPersonColumnName)

Change its Layout to Person, and related settings to:

Capture.JPG

In this way, you do not need the Office 365 Users connector anymore, and you will still be able to pick the users from the combo box.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jbirkenhead ,

Is Raisedby a person and group column in SharePoint list? If so, then using a combo box control and follow below steps can also achieve what you are trying to do:

Set its Items property to:

Choices([@ListName].MultiPersonColumnName)

Change its Layout to Person, and related settings to:

Capture.JPG

In this way, you do not need the Office 365 Users connector anymore, and you will still be able to pick the users from the combo box.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jbirkenhead
Level: Powered On

Hi Mona,

Thank you very much for your response. This does indeed work. However I now need to know if there is a way of setting the data as  text, so that I can use the powerapps person field for searching and filtering. Do you know if this is possible at all please?

Thanks,

Jason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,874)