cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunnyBadwal

Combo-box selected value returning blank

Hello,

This is a strange error as everything was working perfectly before yesterday but now I am unable to retrieve any selected value from my combobox. I have a combobox which is populated from a table 'Sites'.

When you select a site in the combobox I was able to retrieve all the columns associated to that selected record by doing Combobox.Selected.ColumnName As of yesterday now matter what I do it is returning blank. T

he only thing that has changed is ive added quite a few more records to Sites but other than that no logic in the app has changed,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunnyBadwal,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please tell me that what is the specific column that you want to populate the Combo Box with?

Actually, if you do not specify the DiepalyFields of the Combo Box, the Combo Box will only display fields in alphabetical order. So I suggest that you would better specify the column in the Site table for the Items property pf the Combo Box as  below:

Sites.ColumnName

And for how to refer to the dropdown selected value in a Label, I think you should use the LookUp() function as below:

LookUp(Sites,ColumnName=ComboBox11.Selected.ColumName).Name

Note that the ColumnName represents the column you populate the Combo Box, and the Name column is the column that you want to display in the Label based on the dropdown selected value.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

Do you have errors?

Please show the items property of the Combobox

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Consider Checking My Youtube Channel

SunnyBadwal

No errors. This PowerApp is also within Teams if that makes any difference...

Combobox Items - 
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 11.14.00.png

Referencing the dropdown value in a label

Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 11.16.18.png

I'm also having the same issue in Teams, if I use the classic controls combo box it works.

But the Fluent UI control combo box isn't working

PowerDutchie
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Everything was working fine, now whatever I do the default value becomes blank

Hi @SunnyBadwal,

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please tell me that what is the specific column that you want to populate the Combo Box with?

Actually, if you do not specify the DiepalyFields of the Combo Box, the Combo Box will only display fields in alphabetical order. So I suggest that you would better specify the column in the Site table for the Items property pf the Combo Box as  below:

Sites.ColumnName

And for how to refer to the dropdown selected value in a Label, I think you should use the LookUp() function as below:

LookUp(Sites,ColumnName=ComboBox11.Selected.ColumName).Name

Note that the ColumnName represents the column you populate the Combo Box, and the Name column is the column that you want to display in the Label based on the dropdown selected value.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,549)