cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Combo box value not saving to SQL Server database. All other fields save.

Hello,

I have a form with many fields on it.  It writes to a SQL Server database.  This has worked correctly.  Suddenly, over last 2 days - one of the main fields - has stopped writing the result to db.  Passes in NULLs even though there is a value.
The field is a combo box.  Multi-select is turned off - so just returns 1 value.  I can see a value on the form.

The Update of the card is set to cmbCompanyName.Selected.Result

Doesn't use Patch - just on select of clicking submit button runs: SubmitForm(EditForm_Checklist)

Everything else besides this one field saves.  And this field was saving until a week ago.  No other changes have been made to the system.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Combo box value not saving to SQL Server database. All other fields save.

Have tried adding a label to the form with the formula cmbCompanyName.Selected.Result  to see what value is being saved?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Combo box value not saving to SQL Server database. All other fields save.

Thanks @Jeff_Thorpe 
So, I added a label as you recommended and (seems strange) - it shows up blank when I open the form - even if there is data in displaying on the form.  Referencing field cmbCompanyName.

But, if I select a new value from the dropdown (essentially reselecting the field which was already displaying) then the label displays correctly?!??

So, guessing it has something to do with the default selected items I have which is:

If(EditForm_Checklist.Mode=New,{Value:"...Select a value"}, {Value:ThisItem.LGL_Checklist_CompanyName})

Any thoughts or assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,226)