cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

ComboBox Conditions

I have two test Combo Boxes; ComboBox1 and ComboBox2 (I comment out each as I test the other).

I have a Gallery that I need to autopopulate based on the content of the Combo Box.

The ComboBox contains LocationCity names. The Gallery populates LocationCity details based on the LocationCity name chosen in the Combo Box. The Gallery currently autopopulates said data whenever the app opens and the user's default LocationCity default to the Combo Box.

Currently each box can do two of the three things I need; but I can't get either box to do ALL three things.

Required Combo Box Actions:

1. Combo Box content MUST default to logged-in user's home LocationCity when app opens (OnVisible)

2. If the logged-in user's ProgramHierarchy is 'Region' the content of the Combo Box must ONLY be LocationCities in their LocationRegion; anyone else should see ALL LocationCities (Region users can only see locations in their region)

3. Gallery MUST autopopulate the details of the default LocationCity (content of Combo Box) details when app opens (OnVisible) and default LocationCity is present in ComboBox

Current Combo Box functions and conditions -

ComboBox1: Defaults to logged in user's home Location City; shows all Location Cities in Combo Box; Presence of user's home

location as default data in Combo Box automatically populates defaulted home location data in Gallery. 

Default:

DSI: Sort(Filter(ListCollection, LocationRegion=varLocationRegion), LocationCity, Ascending)

Items: ListLocationCollection

ComboBox2: Defaults to logged in user's home location; shows all locations, Gallery automatically populates defaulted home

location data 

Default:

DSI: [varLocationCity]

Items: If(varProgramHierarchy="Region",
                         Sort(Fitler(LocationCollection, LocationRegion=Label3_16.Text).LocationCity,Ascending)

Dropdown1: The test dependent dropdown for both ComboBox1 and ComboBox2. Dropdown1 collects and displays the logged in

user's default LocationRegion. 

Default:  

Items: Filter('Location List', LocationCity=

*Label3_16.Text = varLocationRegion (which collects the User's LocationRegion)

*varLocationRegion = Collects the User's LocationRegion

*varLocationCity = Collects the User's LocationCity
*varProgarmHieararchy = Collects the User's system heirarchy, which establishes permissions and access. Program Heirarchy can "National", "Region", "State", "Location"

With the configuration in ComboBox1 the action currently is: 

Defaults to logged in user's home LocationCity; shows all Location Cities in Combo Box; Presence of user's home

location as default data in Combo Box automatically populates defaulted home location data in Gallery. 

- DOES NOT: Condition does not filter list by LocationRegion if user ProgramHierarchy equals 'Regon'

With the current configuration in ComboBox2 the action currently is:    

Defaults to logged in user's home location
     If user is ProgramHeirarchy 'Region' Combo Box content ONLY shows LocationCities from the LocationRegion

of the user

- DOES NOT: Presence of default LocationCity does not automatically populate Gallery

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,132)