cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikemaccarthy
Frequent Visitor

ComboBox - DefaultSelectedItems - But differentiate between New & Edit form

I THINK I have set up correctly. Combobox is populating the necessary fields. I have set up MULTIPLE different DefaultSelectedItems options with differing levels of success.

I have used for DefaultselectedItems

Filter(Accounts,ACCOUNT_NAME2 = Account_Name2.Text)

Usually, I have the same editform1 for New or Edit and in Default I use something like 

If(EditForm1.mode = FormMode.New, “  “, ThisItem.XXXXXX)

But with Combobox and DefaultSelectedItems.... I don't seem to have the chance of differencing between New and Edit. 

I cant watch another yourtube trying to see a solution. Help please!

11 REPLIES 11

Randy,

Gold Star!

If(!(EditForm1.Mode = New), LookUp(Accounts, ACCOUNT_NAME2 = Coalesce(Parent.Default, Account_Name2.Text)) ...... Sorted it.

I really have no idea how you fixed. I will have to read up now what " If(! " means of does.

Thanks for your help.

M

View solution in original post

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@mikemaccarthy 

The exclamation symbol is a logical NOT shortcut.  So in that case, (EditForm1.Mode=New) will evaluate to either true or false.  The NOT ! will negate it to false or true respectively.  Based on that...the rest of the formula evaluates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,961)