cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AGS94
Level 8

ComboBox Error Messages with no Apparent Errors Shown in Formula

I have the error messages below associated with a Combobox and the following formula is being used the CB's "Items" property (CmbItmA.Items😞 

Sort(
  Filter(
        CollPtAPrd, 
        Value(GrpTot)=Max(CollPtAPrd,GrpTot),
        !IsBlank(First(Split(cr4a4_product, ", ")).Result)
  )
  ,cr4a4_product
)

What is odd is there are no redline errors shown in the formula so I don't know what the errors are referring to (first time I have run into this). I also set the IsSearchable property from true to false and removed all entries in the SearchItems property just to see if that would help, and it did not.

Annotation 2019-10-11 133538.pngAnnotation 2019-10-11 133537.png
Note that everything was working fine in this app until I moved the data source to CDS. Though I realize this could be a CDS-specific issue, I am posting here as well as it is an error within PA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: ComboBox Error Messages with no Apparent Errors Shown in Formula

Screenshot please. I need this to troubleshoot. Make sure to include the full formula in the screenshot and error message.

You can also try Deleting the formula and retyping. That usually solves my parenthesis and EOF errors 95% of the time.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

You are likely missing a close bracket ) or } somewhere. Can you please share a screenshot showing your formula in the formula bar? The error will likely be highlighted.
AGS94
Level 8

That is what is so odd here. The only formula I am using in the CmbItmA combobox is the one shown in my original post.

What is making this one challenging is there are no redlines shown in the formula. Never seen this before.

Also worth noting

1. The app (all formulas, etc. etc.) were working fine until I moved the data source from Excel on OneDrive to CDS.
  2. The only changes that had to be made were a few names. For example, "Product" (column name in Excel) became "cr4a4_product" (field name in CDS), so those reference names were all that had to be updated.
Super User
Super User

Screenshot please. I need this to troubleshoot. Make sure to include the full formula in the screenshot and error message.

You can also try Deleting the formula and retyping. That usually solves my parenthesis and EOF errors 95% of the time.

View solution in original post

AGS94
Level 8

Here you go.

Annotation 2019-10-11 145632.png

AGS94
Level 8

I just retyped it and it did in fact fix the problem. Thanks for the recommendation.

It is a bit frustrating that it did not show the redline in the formula.

Super User
Super User

Many thanks for the screenshot. Everything looks good from over here so I will have to try to replicate the issue on my side. I don’t have CDS but I don’t think it’s the issue. The error message says there is a missing ) } “ , . somewhere.
Super User
Super User

PowerApps formula bar is flaky when cut and pasting sometimes or if you type too fast. The product could use a performance tweak in that area IMHO.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,632)