Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ComboBox - Expected table value error

I have 3 fields:

Dropdown1.Items = "A", "B", "C"

These 2 fields are in the same card

TextInput1

Default = If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="A",Parent.Default,ComboBox1.Selected.Result)

ComboBox1

DefaultSelectedItems property: If(Dropdown1.selected.value = "B",Parent.Default,Blank())

However, in the combobox1 im getting the following error message: "Expected Table value" since the parent.default value does not exist in the Combobox1 items (source). How do i fix this issue? 

Ps. This worked fine when i had a dropdown instead of a combobox, but due to the number of items i had to switch so the user could use the search function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I think the problem is more likely because the DefaultSelectedItems property expects a table value. This is because with a ComboBox, multiple items can be selected.

Therefore, for the DefaultSelectedItems property, I'd try something like this to see if it fixes the issue:

If(Dropdown1.selected.value = "B",
Table({Value:Parent.Default}),
Blank()
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I think the problem is more likely because the DefaultSelectedItems property expects a table value. This is because with a ComboBox, multiple items can be selected.

Therefore, for the DefaultSelectedItems property, I'd try something like this to see if it fixes the issue:

If(Dropdown1.selected.value = "B",
Table({Value:Parent.Default}),
Blank()
)

View solution in original post

You help me a lot!!!

Table({Value:Parent.Default}) 

Solved my problem, thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,823)