cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzharMulla
Frequent Visitor

ComboBox Filter more than the 2000 items from Share point list

Hi am using the flowing code for the filter out the data from the share point list (i.e VendorList) in the combobox base on the other dropdown (i.e DataCardValue2). Distinct(Filter(VendorList, Title = DataCardValue2.Selected.Result),Vendor) This formula is able to filter out the 1st 2000 items only and my list having more than 5000 items. Requesting you kindly suggest me the other code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AzharMulla 

I would put a "ClearCollect" function on the "App" - "On Start" like

ClearCollect(<yourCollectionName>,VendorList)

Everytime you open your app, the app loads all the data from SharePoint to your App. Then you can filter the results:

Distinct(Filter(<yorCollectionName>, Title = DataCardValue2.Selected.Result),Vendor)

Hope this helps you, otherwise please share a bit more information about your app and data sources.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @AzharMulla 

sounds like you having some delegation problems, that you only receive 2.000 items from your SharePoint list. Is there a warning sign within your app? The "filter" function is a delegable function and SharePoint is a delegable source, but somewhere might be a problem with properly filtering your source.

For more information: Understand delegation in a canvas app - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

You could maybe load all of your data into the local cache of your app using "ClearCollect", than you should be able to load more than this 2.000 items and filter it afterwards. But if you have very large datasets, it can maybe also slow down your app.

Hope this will help you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Thanks for your repose 

Can you please help me for the other filtering function  

Hi @AzharMulla 

I would put a "ClearCollect" function on the "App" - "On Start" like

ClearCollect(<yourCollectionName>,VendorList)

Everytime you open your app, the app loads all the data from SharePoint to your App. Then you can filter the results:

Distinct(Filter(<yorCollectionName>, Title = DataCardValue2.Selected.Result),Vendor)

Hope this helps you, otherwise please share a bit more information about your app and data sources.

Best regards
Marvin

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,513)