cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

ComboBox Filtering

I have a member ComboBox that is dependent upon a location Dropdown on another screen.

I have a several Galleries that update based on the member name in the ComboBox.

I can get the ComboBox to filter for and display ONLY the members at the location selected in the Dropdown.

However, I am unable to select from among the names highlighted in the ComboBox so that I can see the specific data on each member in the Galleries. The Galleries data defaults to the first member in the ComboBox, and then simply combines the data for any/all other members chosen in the ComboBox; making it impossible to tell which document belong to which member.

I am not allowed to change the choice in the ComboBox and view the specific data on each member.

ComboBox Properties

Default: blank

DefaultSelectedItems: Filter(MemberCollection, Park=ParkAlphaCmboBox.Selected.Park)

Items: MemberCollection.FullNm

SelectMultiple: true

3csman_0-1608399597465.png

3csman_1-1608400465551.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @3csman 

It seems to me that you need another level of filtering to accomplish your goal. In order to view or edit a single record, you need to filter down to a level where you can get it.  In my example, I start with a dropdown to get the state, then filter a listbox (it could equally be a combobox) for counties. I chose a listbox so you could see the multiselects.  Then a dropdown to list the cities in the counties.  Then a datatable to show the companies in the city chosen with addresses.  Then finally a form for the individual contact information._1.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @3csman 

It seems to me that you need another level of filtering to accomplish your goal. In order to view or edit a single record, you need to filter down to a level where you can get it.  In my example, I start with a dropdown to get the state, then filter a listbox (it could equally be a combobox) for counties. I chose a listbox so you could see the multiselects.  Then a dropdown to list the cities in the counties.  Then a datatable to show the companies in the city chosen with addresses.  Then finally a form for the individual contact information._1.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (100,728)