cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3csman
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

ComboBox Filtering

I have a member ComboBox that is dependent upon a location Dropdown on another screen.

I have a several Galleries that update based on the member name in the ComboBox.

I can get the ComboBox to filter for and display ONLY the members at the location selected in the Dropdown.

However, I am unable to select from among the names highlighted in the ComboBox so that I can see the specific data on each member in the Galleries. The Galleries data defaults to the first member in the ComboBox, and then simply combines the data for any/all other members chosen in the ComboBox; making it impossible to tell which document belong to which member.

I am not allowed to change the choice in the ComboBox and view the specific data on each member.

ComboBox Properties

Default: blank

DefaultSelectedItems: Filter(MemberCollection, Park=ParkAlphaCmboBox.Selected.Park)

Items: MemberCollection.FullNm

SelectMultiple: true

3csman_0-1608399597465.png

3csman_1-1608400465551.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @3csman 

It seems to me that you need another level of filtering to accomplish your goal. In order to view or edit a single record, you need to filter down to a level where you can get it.  In my example, I start with a dropdown to get the state, then filter a listbox (it could equally be a combobox) for counties. I chose a listbox so you could see the multiselects.  Then a dropdown to list the cities in the counties.  Then a datatable to show the companies in the city chosen with addresses.  Then finally a form for the individual contact information._1.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @3csman 

It seems to me that you need another level of filtering to accomplish your goal. In order to view or edit a single record, you need to filter down to a level where you can get it.  In my example, I start with a dropdown to get the state, then filter a listbox (it could equally be a combobox) for counties. I chose a listbox so you could see the multiselects.  Then a dropdown to list the cities in the counties.  Then a datatable to show the companies in the city chosen with addresses.  Then finally a form for the individual contact information._1.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,433)