cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

ComboBox InputTextPlaceholder not working with If Formula

The issue is that ComboBox InputTextPlaceholder not working with If Formula.

Refer the screenshot below.

GauravG_0-1611513778031.png

The cell highlighted with Orange is a Text box and so reads the IF formula and shows "Not Applicable" whenever it's cell is disabled. The problem with ComboBox (highlighted with Green) is that it shows BLANK for the same formula.

It works with IF formula only when i place this formula in NoSelectionText property instead of InputTextPlaceholder and also turn the IsSearchable property to "False".

I cannot do the later as it's a search based Person Type data card.

Please suggest a workaround. I would like to show different text based on whether it's editable or disabled.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@GauravG ,

As noted in responding to your Private Message asking for assistance - 

InputTextPlaceHolder does not work in Disabled mode (makes sense as you cannot enter anything) - you need to put a label in the card in the middle of the combo box only visible if the combo box is disabled.

•  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

I think the issue is with the disabled pert of the formula:

If(Self.DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Disabled,"Not Applicable","Start Typing To Search")

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@eka24 Thanks for responding, but did not understand your response fully.

Tried differently, even this doesn't show "Not Applicable"

GauravG_0-1611516127377.png

Also, i want to disable the cell but even if i change the disabled mode from disable to view- it still doesn't work

GauravG_1-1611516219612.png

i looked at your original post:

"It works with IF formula only when i place this formula in NoSelectionText property instead of InputTextPlaceholder and also turn the IsSearchable property to "False"."

Per the sentence above i dont get same experience

Capture.JPG

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@eka24 The issue is not that it is not displaying "Start type to search".

The issue is that when the field is disabled- then it is not showing :Not Applicable".

Can you try disabling your combo-box and then try showing "Not Applicable"?

Is the Combobox Disabled? because that is when the formula will display "Start Typing To Search"

It wont display anything if the Combobox is not Disabled because you have not supplied anything to display if enabled

If(Self.DisplayMode=DisplayMode.Disabled,"Start Typing To Search","Not Applicable")

------------

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@eka24 It is disabled using the formula shown below.

GauravG_0-1611518144601.png

And when it is disabled, i want to show "Not Applicable".

It would be enabled only when Report Type != Data Extract and that's when it shows "Start typing to search".

The issue i am facing is that it shows "Start typing to search" when enabled but not "Not applicable" when it is disabled. Hope it's making sense!

@GauravG ,

As noted in responding to your Private Message asking for assistance - 

InputTextPlaceHolder does not work in Disabled mode (makes sense as you cannot enter anything) - you need to put a label in the card in the middle of the combo box only visible if the combo box is disabled.

•  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,829)