cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Re: ComboBox Issue - Allow Searching

@Anonymous I was referring to a different problem where the keyboard shows up momentarily when switching screens.

The original issue in this thread, where keyboard disappears on typing, has been fixed but the fix has not rolled out to everyone yet. The fix will be globally available by the end of this week.

DM2018
Level: Powered On

@tahoon has anybody reported issues with the search functionality in a combobox? I'm now having issues with this. Formula below, "allow searching" is switched on and the search field is set correctly. The search works fine in preview but not at all when published.

Filter(Oracle_Project_Data_Extract,'Business Unit'=Text('BIM User Business Unit'))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!  I tested it on a PC, Android Tablet, and an Android Phone and the combo box is not closing.  I will want to test for 2 weeks before I am sure it is resolved, but it definitely is acting correctly today.

I will post again.

Thanks!!!

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

@DM2018 I am not aware of any similar issues. It could be a permissions issue if you are logged in as a different user when viewing the app versus editing the app.

Closing the loop for others on this thread, the fix for the disappearing dropdown in Android is now available to everyone.

TristinTucker

I am still having issues regarding the drop downs disappearing.  Using latest version of windows 10 64 bit, and galaxy s7.  Yesterday the drop downs would all open and allow me to enter search field options without any issues.

Today, when selecting the combo box for searching names, the drop down pops open and the keyboard pops open and both close Immediately.  I cannot enter a value in this box.  What is the fix?

DM2018

@TristinTucker i've had a few issues with combo boxes. If you need a quick fix you could revert to a dropdown with a search control above. Filter the dropdown by the search query entered. Far from ideal but it got me out of a pickle with one of my combo boxes

TristinTucker

Update:

All drop down search features are working for iOS devices and online but not for any Android devices.  When selecting a name lookup feature, the keyboard opens as it should, the drop down opens as it should, and then both immediately close.  This continues each time the drop down is opened and will NOT allow any data entry.

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

@TristinTucker Did this bug suddenly appear a few days ago without changing an existing app or did it happen after you re-published the app?

TristinTucker

@tahoon  Yes, it happened the next day.  No changes were made to the app.  I ended up resolving it by not using the combo box and recreating the app from scratch. 

Another interesting bug however,  The date pop up combo box freezes on android devices and will not allow a selection to be made. Is this a known issue?

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

It is strange that there is different behavior when you have not updated the app. Did you update the PowerApps Player app in Google Play? Note that the Player app might also update itself in the background if you enabled auto-update for apps in Android settings.

I am not aware of other reports of date picker freezing in Android.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,732)