cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

ComboBox Searching Office 365 Users Broken after new powerapps release

There was a similar post to this, but didn't describe the issue that I was having exactly.

I followed this guide on creating a combo box for searching users from sharepoint:

http://ratsubsharewall.blogspot.com/2017/11/people-picker-control-in-powerapps.html

This was working as of 1/30, with an app I had published. I went in to edit it today, and assuming that you use the newest powerapps engine when editing, the search results for the combo box stopped working. They show up, but only for a split second, and then disappear. You can't select any users, even if you're quick. 

I thought I had broken my app myself, but I reverted back to the old version, which showed it using powerapps version 2.0.762, it worked right away. And then, opening the app again to edit, the combo box stops working. 

1) I hope this bug is fixed soon

2) Is there a way to specify which version of powerapps to publish with?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: ComboBox Searching Office 365 Users Broken after new powerapps release

I have this exact issue and asked this question last weekend! The list of users matching the search term appear for a second than disappear. I have spent hours trying to figure this out.

Combobox Items property (have tried many variations of this, all producing the same results on all my apps.

If(!IsBlank(ComboBox3.SearchText),
Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm : ComboBox3.SearchText})
)

It appears as if once the search begins, it starts an endless loop of searching and the choices flash on and off as this cycle continues.

This is a huge issue that cripples any developement using datasources other than a SharePoint list.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Here is a possibly related post indicating this should work in a future release coming mid/end April.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Interestingly, if a variable is set to equal the SearchText property of the combobox, and then updated via the combobox OnChange property, by viewing the variable in a label one can see that the SearchText appears to be transient, only displaying for a moment than disappearing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,960)