cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
southafrican
Frequent Visitor

ComboBox SelectedItems

Hello 

I've got a gallery and 3 ComboBox's I'm trying to Filter the gallery through these ComboBox's.

ComboBox 1

A list on Names 

ComboBox 2

Another List of names, however, they should be dependent of the first list

Now the problem I'm getting is that when I put 'SelectedItems' the error that gets returned is "Invalid Schema, expected a one-column table"

How do I stop this from happening? 

error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrisog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @southafrican,

The way ComboBoxes work, due to their ability to select multiple values, is that their SelectedItems value is actually treated as a table.

In addition to this, the SelectedItems property refers to a row in a table, not necessarily just an individual value.

If you change it to ComboBox1.SelectedItems.ColumnName it will refer to solely that column. In addition, if you are selecting only 1 value from the combobox, it is still treated as a non-record table value using the SelectedItems property.

To avoid this, use ComboBox1.Selected.ColumnName. This appears to only select 1 single row value, and you can then specify which column to refer to.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
chrisog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @southafrican,

The way ComboBoxes work, due to their ability to select multiple values, is that their SelectedItems value is actually treated as a table.

In addition to this, the SelectedItems property refers to a row in a table, not necessarily just an individual value.

If you change it to ComboBox1.SelectedItems.ColumnName it will refer to solely that column. In addition, if you are selecting only 1 value from the combobox, it is still treated as a non-record table value using the SelectedItems property.

To avoid this, use ComboBox1.Selected.ColumnName. This appears to only select 1 single row value, and you can then specify which column to refer to.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,419)