ComboBox Sharepoint

Hello ! So i have a problem like this,

I have a sharepoint list named "A" with a table 
{TN , AWK} columns name.

{1   ,  abc  }

{2   ,  def  }

{3   ,  abc  }

{4   ,  def  }

I want to make the default selected item of a combobox to be the reference of the AWK to the TN. 

Example if i input in a textinput field "1" i want the combobox to show me abc (the "abc" is in the SP databaselist)

I also want to have the possibilty to choose (and update later in SP) an other item from the Combobox ITEMS list( manual table ["abc","def"]) if needed. 

I am trying to make it happen for combobox,date and radio. 

I did it for toggles but cannot do it for those 3 😕 

I tried lookUp, variables, i have manage to not have errors (in comboboxes) but that doesnt show me the "abc" in the combobox field.

If you need more information or some examples i will provide them 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DawidK ,

Please try to set the DefaultSelectedItems of mistake combobox as follows. first use LookUp function to retrieve back the corresponding Mistake value, and use Split() function to split the text by comma, and output a table with Result column, then rename the column from Result to Value.

RenameColumns(Split(LookUp('SP list', ID=Value(ID_TextInput.Text)).Mistakes,","),"Result","Value")

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DawidK
Helper I
Helper I

And my database would be bigger later. Need to delegate as much as possible.

DawidK
Helper I
Helper I

After some time i solved the combobox SINGLE selection issue using ForAll but i cannot do it for multiple selection and Radio's. @WarrenBelz  U r the PRO xD you have an idea?

After some hours, I am left with an issue with A combobox with multiple selections. So it is looking like this:

I am inputing the info like this ; Patch - Mistakes: Concat(Mistakes.SelectedItems.Value, Value&", ") everything work OKej. The choices are in a table in the app ["a","b","c"] as items

But i would like to edit those choices made . The SP column is a Multiple Line text. 

I would like to have on my Edit Screen to show me ,when i enter the ID of the row, the selection made and the possibilty to change them. 

Example: 

ID                       Mistakes

1                       a

2                       b, c

3                       a, c, b

When i choose on the edit screen 2 i want on the combobox to have choosen the "b", "c" options and i want to be able to edit them to substract "b" or add "a" then save it.

Hi @DawidK ,

Please try to set the DefaultSelectedItems of mistake combobox as follows. first use LookUp function to retrieve back the corresponding Mistake value, and use Split() function to split the text by comma, and output a table with Result column, then rename the column from Result to Value.

RenameColumns(Split(LookUp('SP list', ID=Value(ID_TextInput.Text)).Mistakes,","),"Result","Value")

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,020)