cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ComboBox default selected items not passing data to gallery

Hi everyone,

I've got a form with a combo box connected to a gallery on the samescreen. When the user edits the form the selected items of the combo box should display as items in the gallery. The DefaultSelectedItems of the combo box shows the parent items though it looks like there's no data behind the titles. From the picture attached you can see that the combobox has 5 items however the gallery shows all values as blank. When I start interacting with the combobox and add new items it shows the data of that selection. Losing my mind a bit so though the community might be able to share some light.

Many many thanks in advance.

Ciprian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it resolved mark as a Solution. Otherwise you can state the issue so we look at it. Thanks I was able to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

If I can get additional information. Click on the combobox and check the formula on the Items property. Copy and paste the formula here. This will give a fair idea for solution. My second issue is do you want the selected item to be in your textbox or datacardvalue? If so put this formula on the default of the datacardvalue: combobox. Selected

If you like this post give thumps up. If it resolved your request then mark as a solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @eka24 ,

Thanks for looking at this. You are a genius! Facepalm on my side. The combobox is a lookupcolumn though instead of using Choices(List.LookUpColumnName) I used a collection. I can't remember why I clear collected the column in advance but that seems to have produced the blank values. 

Thank you for mentioning the source, that made me change it to the original code and it works now!

Genius !

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, I know why I was using a collection. I didn't want all users available and only users that were approved. Bummer. I'll see if I can fix this somehow.

If it resolved mark as a Solution. Otherwise you can state the issue so we look at it. Thanks I was able to help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,493)