cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

ComboBox default value does not update sharepoint list

Hi,

I have a combobox that has set default value to the collection. I had to make it table since it expected table. The point is it does not update this value in sharepoint list (If I pick it manually it works). Any ideas? Here is formula I used for defaultSelectedValue:

Table({Value:First(Dane).ID})

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @PowerAppsUser4 ,

Could you please share a screenshot about the ComboBox within your canvas app?

If the "Zadanie z listy" field is a Choice type column (not a LookUp type column) in your SP list, I think the solution I provided above could achieve your needs. Please make sure if you have bind the ComboBox with the "Zadanie z listy" field from your SP list correctly within your Edit form.

Please set the Update property of the "Zadanie z listy" field Data card in your Edit form to following:

ZadaniezlistyComboBox.Selected

Note: Please replace the ZadaniezlistyComboBox with actual ComboBox control Name

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the "Zadanie z listy" field from your Edit form, and then enable it again, try above formula I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, also please check if the corresponding ID value within the ComboBox has been highlighted when you specify above formula (I provided) within the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @PowerAppsUser4 ,

Can you please give me

• The Items property of the combo box
  • The Update property of the card it is in

Highlighted

Hi,

• The Items property of the combo box =  Choices([@'Rejestr Prac'].Zadanie_x0020_z_x0020_listy)
  • The Update property of the card it is in = DataCardValue112.Selected
Highlighted

Some data goes to collection as a table by default.

Is it possible to collect ID as a table as well? it would probably fix this issue, since this "firma" updates to sharepoint correctly

Highlighted

Hi @PowerAppsUser4 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Zadanie_x0020_z_x0020_listy" field in your SP List? Is it a Choice type column?

Do you enable "Allow Multiple Selections" option for this Choice type column in your SP list?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. Please consider set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox to following:

{
   Value: First(Dane).ID
}

Note: Please do not wrap above formula within a Table function.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

Thanks for your respond. 

"Zadanie_x0020_z_x0020_listy" is a choice type column where you pick an ID.

"Allow Multiple Selections" is set to false since I need to pick just 1 ID.

I set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox to following:

{
   Value: First(Dane).ID
}

It still fails to publish this ID to sharepointlist. (Still: when I delete it and type in or pick exacly same ID - It is published succesfully) 

Highlighted

Hi @PowerAppsUser4 ,

I will leave you with @v-xida-msft unless you want to continue with my input.

Highlighted

Hi @PowerAppsUser4 ,

Could you please share a screenshot about the ComboBox within your canvas app?

If the "Zadanie z listy" field is a Choice type column (not a LookUp type column) in your SP list, I think the solution I provided above could achieve your needs. Please make sure if you have bind the ComboBox with the "Zadanie z listy" field from your SP list correctly within your Edit form.

Please set the Update property of the "Zadanie z listy" field Data card in your Edit form to following:

ZadaniezlistyComboBox.Selected

Note: Please replace the ZadaniezlistyComboBox with actual ComboBox control Name

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the "Zadanie z listy" field from your Edit form, and then enable it again, try above formula I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

In addition, also please check if the corresponding ID value within the ComboBox has been highlighted when you specify above formula (I provided) within the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,061)