cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ath1

ComboBox default value sticking between records

I am trying to create an app from a SQL data source, I have a browse gallery leading to another screen with a combo box on it. 

I need the combo box to display the value in the SQL table or nothing if the value is null. 

The problem is when I use the app and change the combo box on one record and submit the form and then go into another record, the default selected value is the value from the previous record, not the value from the table. My combo box is set to submit the form in the on change property ( I need it like this to hide and unhide other boxes) so as soon as I open a new record it immediately puts the stuck value into the table which is causing all sorts of issues. 

I have also tried this on a dropdown but that still has the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ath1 ,

Perhaps it's worth trying to reset the ComboBox when changing records.

Can you share the Items and DefaultSelecteditems of your combobox?

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @BCBuizer!

I did try and use Reset(MyCombobox) in the on visible property of the screen  but I get an error saying "the reset function can only be used with a resettable control"

In Items I have my lookup table (the column is in the display and search fields) and in default selected items I have "Filter(MyLookupTable.MyLookupField, MyLookupField = ThisItem.MyField)" 

Something I have noticed is that it doesn't stick all the time but it seems to be random as to when it does happen, it needs to be more reliable than it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,062)