cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

ComboBox doesn't save selected item sharepoint list

Hello People!

I'm new on powerapps, I'm working with basic sharepoint list for a company project. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't save the value selected in a combobox.

This is the situation:

List "buscar" contains a lookup field called "lukop" pointing to the colum 'infolease' in the list "concesionarios"

I inserted the combobox control in the "buscar" SPList inside the "lukop" datacard and set combobox.Items = concesionarios.infolease. Meanwhile I set lukop_datacard1.update = ComboBox2.Selected

1.JPG2.JPG

I saved and published, when I use the combo to add a new item it works but it doesn't store the value, when I edit it doesn't stores it either.

What am I missing? 

24 REPLIES 24

Hello @v-xida-msft I sent you a message 3 days ago but for some reason the system told me that it needed moderation first (I didn't tell you something aggressive btw haha) In that moment I couldn't make work your solution but it was because i was making the same mistake as with mdevaney solution, I wasn't using the curly brackets because I thought they were there because of the code format of the forum and not a part of the code itself. 

I tried it yesterday including the curly braces and now it works! Than you very much for your help, I marked your answer as a solution as well. 

@miquilenadiego 

When changing the Items property of the ComboBox the isSearchable field will sometimes get set to false by PowerApps Studio automatically.  Its kind of an annoying feature if you ask me.

Now that we've solved the problem I will tell you a little bit more about this code.  LookUps are a "complex" column type in SharePoint.  This means the column stores more than a single value (like a text or number column would).  Here you can see 3 values: #1 the connector type #2 the unique SharePoint ID identifying the record and #3 the Value to be displayed.

{
    '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference", 
    Id:Text(ComboBox_lokup.Selected.ID,"[$-en-US]0"),
    Value:ComboBox_lokup.Selected.ID
}

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Twitter:  MattBDevaney

Hi @mdevaney , 

I am facing a similar kind of issue . I used your code in the update property of the card and i am able to save the data now, But there is one issue, My combo box is a multi select enabled field and i am not able to save more than one value with this code. 

Can you please help me ? Appreciate any help on this

Thanks

@kris_vin 
Suggest you create a new thread then refer to me with the @ symbol since this topic was already solved and was from last year.

@mdevaney  Thank you. 

I mentioned you in my new post . Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks !  

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,638)