Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kyon84
Helper I
Helper I

ComboBox dropdown value not reflected in SP record

Hello,

I have a form connected to SP list (List Records). Part of form is combobox connected to choice column (List Records). Choices of this combobox are filtered through List Master data. For better illustration lets say in List Master Data are columns: State and Region.

And in my form I choose firstly "State" and then filtered Regions.

My problem is value in field Region is not reflected in SP when submit form through button with OnSelect property: SubmitForm.

Both columns in both lists are choice columns.

Pretty sure this is something about "Default" or "DefualtSelectedItems" property but can't get it right. And don't want to use Patch function.

Thank you for advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kyon84,

Could you please tell me that if there are 2 Combo box in your form, one for you to select "State", another for you to select filtered Regions?

How you could choose firstly "State" and then filtered Regions, tell me that how you set the Items property of Combo Box?

Do you want to save your Combo Box selected to the Region field in the List Records?

If you really do have 2 Combo Boxes, I could only think of the following workaround.

Add a Combo Box outside of your form, and set its Items as below:

Choices('List Master Data'.State)

Set the Items of the Combo Box corresponding to the Region filed in the 'List Records' as below:

Filter(
    Choices('List Master Data'.Region),
    Value in Concat(
        Filter(
            'List Master Data',
            State.Value = ComboBox1.Selected.Value
        ).Region,
        Region.Value,
        ","
    )
)

Set the DefualtSelectedItems of the Combo Box corresponding to the Region filed in the 'List Records' as below:

ThisItem.RegionInListRecords

Note that the RegionInListRecords represents the Region column in 'List Records'.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KroonOfficeSol
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Just do {Id:combobox.selected.ID} on the datacard.update property.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kyon84,

Could you please tell me that if there are 2 Combo box in your form, one for you to select "State", another for you to select filtered Regions?

How you could choose firstly "State" and then filtered Regions, tell me that how you set the Items property of Combo Box?

Do you want to save your Combo Box selected to the Region field in the List Records?

If you really do have 2 Combo Boxes, I could only think of the following workaround.

Add a Combo Box outside of your form, and set its Items as below:

Choices('List Master Data'.State)

Set the Items of the Combo Box corresponding to the Region filed in the 'List Records' as below:

Filter(
    Choices('List Master Data'.Region),
    Value in Concat(
        Filter(
            'List Master Data',
            State.Value = ComboBox1.Selected.Value
        ).Region,
        Region.Value,
        ","
    )
)

Set the DefualtSelectedItems of the Combo Box corresponding to the Region filed in the 'List Records' as below:

ThisItem.RegionInListRecords

Note that the RegionInListRecords represents the Region column in 'List Records'.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (53,169)