cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khole
Helper I
Helper I

ComboBox

I am trying to create a custom form connected to a list on sharepoint. I have 3 fields that I need the user to fill in email, but i want to pull it out from Office365 Users. How do i go about this? Note that i have already tried using 'Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ComboBox11.SearchText,top:10})' in the item property but i still domt get a dropdown list of users.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

We can get a list of departments from Office365 users. Set the dropdown Items property to

Distinct(
   Filter(
      Office365Users.SearchUser(),
      Len(Department) > 0
   ),
   Department
)

StalinPonnusamy_0-1634906186471.png

You can also store the Departments in the SP list and retrieve them. Set the Items property of dropdown to

Sort(Distinct(SPList,ColumnName),Result)

View solution in original post

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

There is a lot of steps on this requirement. Let me try to direct you to the right path to start, this will help you to build it more.

• Type "Automated Cloud Flow"
  • Search 'SharePoint"
  • Trigger "When an item is created or modified"

Here is the flow look like

StalinPonnusamy_0-1635219583232.png

If Yes and If No expanded from the above image

StalinPonnusamy_1-1635219642111.png

• You can extend this to Approver 3 and CEO
  • Need to make sure this flow only will be triggered when the condition is met. It means some status or something instead of all the time.

Let me know what condition this email approval should be kicked off. For example, approval start when the status is completed in the below example

StalinPonnusamy_2-1635219909433.png

@equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/status_label'],'completed')

• Click "..." three-dot
  • Click Settings
  • Set the Trigger condition based on your requirement

StalinPonnusamy_3-1635219994705.png

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

Set the Items property of Combobox to

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: ""})

Set Layout as a person

StalinPonnusamy_1-1634738114266.png

StalinPonnusamy_2-1634738151937.png

It still does not give me the dropdown of users. I'm only able to type.

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

It should have both. Are you using the Combobox inside the form (Data card) right?

The dropdown will not give full flexibility to get a person's record. This is only the main difference between dropdown and combo box.

StalinPonnusamy_0-1634738875241.png

Yes the ComboBox is a part of the card. 

So what should i do?

What i want to achieve is a situation where upon typing a letter, options are provided in the dropdown to be selected

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

Allow searching

StalinPonnusamy_0-1634746022330.png

StalinPonnusamy_1-1634746052968.png

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

Does the solution work for you? Please let me know if any questions.

Please do not forget to give kudos if you find the suggestion helpful or Accept it as a solution if works fine to help other users to find it useful.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Hey, do you know if its possible to have a dropdown list of departments, i do not want to manually add each department to the Sharepoint dropdown list as it is quite the number of departments. So maybe having Powerapp pull it out from an excel sheet or something. 

kindly reply @StalinPonnusamy.

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Khole 

We can get a list of departments from Office365 users. Set the dropdown Items property to

Distinct(
   Filter(
      Office365Users.SearchUser(),
      Len(Department) > 0
   ),
   Department
)

StalinPonnusamy_0-1634906186471.png

You can also store the Departments in the SP list and retrieve them. Set the Items property of dropdown to

Sort(Distinct(SPList,ColumnName),Result)

CAN YOU HELP  WIT POWER AUTOMATE?

Hello,

i created a PowerApp form and I need to create a flow that does the flowing please. 

1. Sends out an email to person filling the form, that his/her request is pending approval from the Line Manager at the same time sends to the LM for his approval

2.After the LM approves, and email should be sent to the Requester that his request has been approved by the Line Manager and is pending approval from the Approver 1 and also a mail should be sent to Approver 1 for his approval

3. After the Approver 1 approves, and email should be sent to the Requester that his request has been approved by the Approver 1 and is pending approval from the Approver 2 and also a mail should be sent to Approver 2 for his approval

4. After the 3 must have approved, it should then be sent to  an ENtity CEO for approval.

a. if cost(a card on the form) is > 50,000 and Entity(another card) = OER, then,email should be sent to a particular person for approval 

kindly help with step by step processe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,051)