cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Combobox DefaultSelectedItems not showing value

On the "new" form, the combobox (single select only) has this formula for Items: 

Sort(AddColumns(Distinct('Company Site Department',SiteID),"ConcatenatedColumn",Result & " - " & LookUp('Company Site Department',SiteID=Result).SiteName),Result,Ascending)

Let's say I created this record and it saves to the SP list as "201 - Tampa" for this column (Result = "201", ConcatenatedColumn= "201 - Tampa"

On my edit screen, I need this field to default displaying "201 - Tampa", and when I select the dropdown it'll have the full list (so Items would still be the same formula). 

Trouble figuring out the right formula for DefaultSelectedItems

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

[Parent.Default] was the solution. It needed to be in brackets. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi , 

for Set the DefaultSelectedItem you can write like that - [ThisItem.'Project Name'.Value].

More details below thread seem like the same issue.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Set-a-value-by-selecting-a-different-column-...

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@VijayTailor Nothing like that works..

Can you quickly check what value you saving into SP. or Possible attach a screenshot so others also understand the issue in a better way and suggest the solution

@VijayTailor See the bold part. That's what is saved to the SP list and is displayed as one of the options to select from in the ComboBox.

On the "new" form, the combobox (single select only) has this formula for Items: 

Sort(AddColumns(Distinct('Company Site Department',SiteID),"ConcatenatedColumn",Result & " - " & LookUp('Company Site Department',SiteID=Result).SiteName),Result,Ascending)

Let's say I created this record and it saves to the SP list as "201 - Tampa" for this column 

you saving this value in SP with which Input Type. Like Single Line Text or Choice Filed.?

@VijayTailor  It's saved as a single line text field in the SP list. But it looks up to a different list to get the list of values to pick from (which are also single line text fields).

[Parent.Default] was the solution. It needed to be in brackets. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,500)