Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fosse
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox DefaultSelectedItems showing blank

Hello,

I have a problem with comboboxes. I have created an Excel-like editable grid, which is used to patch a Dataverse for Teams table. This video explains the scenario in detail: Power Apps Editable Table using Gallery in Dataverse for Teams - YouTube

The problem lies in the DefaultSelectedItems-property of the comboboxes. Instead of showing for example these already selected values from columns Type2 and Category2:

screen.png

The comboboxes show nothing:screen1.png

You can still find the choices from the comboboxes and use those to patch the dataverse for teams table, but right after pressing a patch button, the comboboxes turn blank again instead of showing for example the just selected value:screen2.png

The code for DefaultSelectedItems is: {Value: ThisItem.Type2}. The code was working nice previously and it showed the values in the Dataverse-table columns. You can also see, that it works in the linked video at for example 14:30. Does anyone know why it has stopped all of a sudden?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fosse ,

Please try and change the Text property of the Combo box to:

ThisItem.ChoiceColumnName

I made this modification and it seems could work.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fosse ,

Have you selected the display field of the Combo box on the right pane? It's at about 13:45 of the video.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Fosse
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @v-jefferni ,

Yes I have set that for all the comboboxes, thanks for asking.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fosse ,

I made a test, on the formula bar, I deleted the closing brace "}" of {Value: ThisItem.ChoiceColumn} and re-add it then the values showed up.

Please have a try.

Best regards,

Hi @v-jefferni ,

I have also noticed, that removing and re-adding the "}" helps, but only temporarily and only in the editing studio. If you publish the app to Teams, the values disappear in the process. Also if you patch the the records to the Dataverse-table, the DefaultSelectedItems disappear again. Previously I was able to show the values and also patch the records without the values disappearing.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fosse ,

Please try and change the Text property of the Combo box to:

ThisItem.ChoiceColumnName

I made this modification and it seems could work.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

@v-jefferni

Yes, it works now. You can publish and patch the records without them disappearing. Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,051)