Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamiekim
Helper II
Helper II

Combobox Dropdown Order

Hello,

I have a combobox dropdown that was in alphabetical order before something happened (I don't know what) and now the first entry is Mxxxx--

jamiekim_0-1631764254080.png

How do I fix this?

Thank You,

Jamie

11 REPLIES 11
SydEng
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jaime,

You should be able to use the SORT function

In the Items = try this 

Sort(["b","a","c"],ThisRecord.Value,Descending)

where ["b","a","c"] is your table value.

Kind regards,

SydEng

Hi,

My Items currently = Filter([@datasource], StartsWith(Title, ComboBox1.SearchText)).  Also, my table is 30,000 lines, so I cannot sort like that.  Lastly, the dropdown WAS correct before... I don't know why suddenly the "M" entry jumped ahead of the "A" entries...

Any thoughts @RandyHayes@WarrenBelz ?

@jamiekim ,

You need a sort, but why are you using StartsWith in a combo box Search Text rather than simply StartsWith on a Text box?

Sort(
   Filter(
      [@datasource], 
      StartsWith(
         Title, 
         TextBoxName.Text
      ),
   Title
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

The field has 30,000 lines to choose from and the user needs to be able to choose multiple values... I thought I had to use a combo box to be able to do these things on such a large list?  (If I'm incorrect in my understanding, please let me know!)

@jamiekim , 

You want to choose multiple items from a combo box and return from 30,000 items all that match any of them?

I would like the user to be able to filter by the text they type and then choose multiple items in the drop down.  For example, if the field were names of fruits, I'd want the user to be able to type "A" for all the fruits that start with "A" and "B" for all the fruits that start with "B" and so on.  They can then choose "apple," "banana" and "watermelon" for that field.  That is what I'd like for the field to do.

@jamiekim ,

I was trying to confirm the 30,000 line number - I am assuming this is correct? A standard combo box simply referencing the list name and field with multiple selections and searching should actually do this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Yes, the number of rows/lines is 30,000.  Will I not run into the delegation limit?

@jamiekim ,

Have you tested it? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,361)