cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Combobox Item Display

Is there any way in a Combo box to display all the items rather than having to use the dropdown function?  I have a limited item set of 6 items and would like to just have them display rather than having to use the dropdown.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Create a small gallery that contains the set of 6 items.  The user can click any gallery row to make a selection.

You can highlight the selected row by putting this code in the TemplateFill property

If(Value=Gallery1.Selected.Value, Yellow, White)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Create a small gallery that contains the set of 6 items.  The user can click any gallery row to make a selection.

You can highlight the selected row by putting this code in the TemplateFill property

If(Value=Gallery1.Selected.Value, Yellow, White)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Use the list box control instead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Does the gallery option allow for multiple selections?

@mdevaney 

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Is there anyway with a listbox control to add checkboxes?

@RezaDorrani 

@JR-BejeweledOne 

The gallery allows for multiple selections.  You can place a checkbox beside each item to allow the user to make a selection.

Listboxes have a fatal flaw in my mind.  They do not have a DefaultSelectedItems property.  You cannot read-in multiple selections when viewing the form submission later on.

Thanks.   We have the functionality to pass values from the listbox and combobox and gallery with multiple selections, it would be so nice if they would just give use a multiple select checkbox control.   All these workarounds are crazy.

what is the formula that I need for the checkbox if I use the gallery?

@mdevaney 

@mdevaney 

That is true.

It can only default to one record to start with but allows multiple selections.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (90,248)