cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Combobox Multiselect not reflecting in sharepoint list form

Hi guys, 

I have been trying to create a user form. I have Combo box field with multi-select named Portfolio_input . Items for the combo-box field gets data from another share-point list named REGION_COUNTRY. I am able to multi-select  items in combo-box  but the selected data is not reflecting in final user-form list. and I want the selected data to be separated by either comma(,) or semicolon(;) in final user-form list.

pic 1pic 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Combobox Multiselect not reflecting in sharepoint list form

Thanks for the Reply, Issue has been solved by placing below formula in the PORTFOLIO_INPUT update property.

Concat(DataCardValue4.SelectedItems, Result & ";")

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You have to use a concat formula to accomplish what you are trying to do.   Add a label to your app and set it's text property to the concat formula.  You will then patch the label content to your sharepoint list

Concat(comboboxname.SelectedItems, ColumnName & ", ")

Here is my example:

comboconcat.png

comboconcatformula.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @rohitsekar1996 

A few things come to mind that should be checked 🙂

What happens when you submit - is it that it stores only the first value or is it storing no value at all?

Is your PORTFOLIO_INPUT column a choice type? ..and if yes, then has it been set to allow manual entry?

If its not set to allow manual entry it will only allow entry of items that it has options for.

Is the Update value of the Datacard in the form set to YourDropdownName.SelectedItems ?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks for the reply, 

1. It stores last selected value.

2. Yes, it is a Choice Type Manual entry is restricted.

3.No, My Update Property is not set to Dropdownvalue.SelectedItems but i tried setting it as DropdownValue.SelectedItems i am getting error  "expecting Text"

comboboxmulti.PNG

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Excellent, thanks for getting back to me - ok, so its possible that column may have been text previously? and then when changed to choice column it didn't pick up the change, I have had this happen before many times so I'm thinking it definitely might be that.

I'd remove the Datacard, restart the whole browser tab from scratch so that no cached values are kept, and then re-edit the form and re-add it again:

image.png

image.png

We can now see after closing down the editor and the browser tab, that if we go back in and try to add the type, it picks up the correct type (multi-choice):

image.png

In terms of it being a choice field without manual entry (at the data source end) - you can't submit a value that's not listed in the column's properties unless manual entry in allowed - what I would usually do in this case is stop the App from allowing manual entry, but keep the data source allowing manual entry - that way your App can continue to use the items from the other list  without the user being able to add any of their own.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion,

Concat(comboboxname.SelectedItems, ColumnName & ", ") can you explain the ColumnName in this formula which ColumnName you are referring to. And can you explain how to Patch the label content to share-point list.

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

The column name is the name of the column in your combobox data source.   In my case in the example I gave, my data source is a SharePoint list and the column I am using in the combobox is the Title column.

I was a little hasty in my initial reply in that I didn't get any additional information from you.  This only works if you are patching the information to a multi-line or single line of text column.

Patch(SharePointList, Defaults(SharePointList), {TextColumn: Label.Text})

SharePoint list is your sharepoint list you are saving the data to

TextColumn is the column you are patching with the label data

Label.Text is the label where your concat formula is.  You patch the .text property to the list.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

Have your issue been solved?

If not, let me make a conclusion:

Do you want to use combo box to update your multiple choice type field and display data by separator ","?

Could you tell me:
1) are you sure you use combo box or drop down? drop down does not have "selecteditems".

2)where does the combo box's Items come from? this choice field's choice?

3)what data type of this field? choice type field will not show  "expecting Text".

4)the field's settings, the combo box's Items?

Please notice that: value in combo box could not display  by separator ",".

1)If it is a text type, you could set the datacard's Update:

Concat(combo boxname.SelectedItems,fieldname&",")

2)If it is a multiple choice type, you could set the datacard's Update:

comboboxname.SelectedItems

//combo box will not display data by separator ",", you could insert a label to display data.

set the label's Text:

Concat(ThisItem.fieldname,Value&",")

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the Reply, Issue has been solved by placing below formula in the PORTFOLIO_INPUT update property.

Concat(DataCardValue4.SelectedItems, Result & ";")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,209)