cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twain
Frequent Visitor

Combobox Not filtering on all values, only one

Simple question here:

I have a Combobox that I am using to filter a GalleryGrid tied to a Sharepoint list. I am using a table formula in DefaultSelectedValues that pre-populates the values, but I have tried manually selecting the options. In both cases, no matter what order I put these values in, it only filters on the last value. Visually, I can see multiple options are selected, but it only filters the gallery on one of the values.

The Combobox obviously has multiple choices enabled… see attached screenshot

Is there a control I am missing?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@twain 

I don't see a screenshot but if you put Set(var, Self.SelectedItems) in the OnSelect property of the combobox and then make the Items property of the Filter(SPlist, columnname in var) it should work.  In the screenshot, the gallery of sales orders is filtered by Country selected in the combobox.  FYI, There will be a delegation warning when the "in" operator is used when filtering a SharePoint  list.1.jpg

twain
Frequent Visitor

Great, that’s exactly what I’m trying to do. The filter formula in the Items field is giving me trouble..

SP list: 'Task Assignments'

Column: 'Leave type'

DefaultSelectedItems: Table({Value:”PTO”}, {Value:”LWOP”})

OnSelect: Set(var, Self.SelectedItems)

Items: Choices([@'Task Assignments'].'Leave Type')

When I change Items to Filter('Task Assignments','Leave Type' in var) it throws an error message on my “clear collect” button that refreshes the SP list and it doesn’t filter on the column at all. And I can’t select any options anymore...

PowerApp screenshot.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,140)