Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rob_CTL
Level: Powered On

Combobox - Searching specific SharePoint columns to avoid delegation

Hi

I am trying to get around the dreaded delegation warning when using a Combo box (with search enabled).

Scenario

A combobox is connected to a large SharePoint list, the list has lots of columns but I am only interested in two of the columns (CompanyName, AddressLine1) both are TEXT. 

If I set the ITEMS value in the combobox to the the list name "COMPANY" I get a delegation warning on combobox control.  If I change value of ITEMS to COMPANY.CompanyName the delegation warning goes away.  I am assuming that one of the columns in the list is "complex" thus can't be delegated.

What would be ideal is if I could set the ITEMS value to just use the two columns, is this at all possible?

Thanks

Rob

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Level 8

Re: Combobox - Searching specific SharePoint columns to avoid delegation

Hi @Rob_CTL ,

Here is a test example I have done - I have collected a list called colCrew straight from a SharePoint list Crew (which has about 200 items). The Items property of the ComboBox below is colCrew. The collection should avoid delegation warning.

If you select Edit at the right, you can then set the layout to Double and choose the fields from the list you want for Primary, Secondary and Search. The Primary and Secondary appear in the list one above the other with a space between list items.

ComboDouble.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,373)