Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fosse
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox & Button bug

Hello,

Comboboxes in a gallery in my App suddenly stopped working on their own. There seems to be a problem with the DefaultSelectedItems of the the comboboxes. As you can see from the picture, instead of showing for example "JDI" in Type-combobox like it did previously, it has started to show {"ID":0, "Value":"JDI"}. The code for DefaultSelectedItems is "{Value: ThisItem.Type}".

screen1.png

There is now also a problem with a button, and I think it is related to the comboboxes. The button is used to trigger a flow, which creates An Excel file of the gallery view, and then returns the link for that file. Here is the code for the button:

ForAll(Gallery3.AllItems,Collect(colDataExported,{ID: ThisRecord.ID, Problem: ThisRecord.Problem,Type:Text(ThisRecord.Type), Category:Text(ThisRecord.Category), Root_Cause:ThisRecord.Root_Cause, Solution: ThisRecord.Solution,Status_with_comments: ThisRecord.'Status With Comment',Responsible: ThisRecord.Responsible, Support_function: ThisRecord.'Support function', Priority: ThisRecord.Prio,Solution_cost: ThisRecord.'Solution cost', Start_Date: ThisRecord.'Start Date', End_Date: ThisRecord.'End Date', Effect: ThisRecord.Effect, Status: ThisRecord.'Problem Status', Planned_End: ThisRecord.'Planned End', Location:ThisRecord.CreatorCity, Department: ThisRecord.CreatorDepartment}));

Set(varFileLink,'PowerApp->Content'.Run(JSON(colDataExported,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData & JSONFormat.IgnoreUnsupportedTypes)).filelink);

Launch(varFileLink);

Clear(colDataExported)

Here are the errors caused by the button:

screen2.png

The errors are strange in a sense, that buttons do not have an OnChange-feature at all in PowerApps. The button worked like it should previously, and I have not changed anything. What is interesting, is that if I put Text(ThisRecord.Root_Cause) in the code above, the formula on select starts to give errors, but Text(ThisRecord.Type) and Category:Text(ThisRecord.Category) work just fine. Type, Category and Root Cause are all comboxes. The reason why I am using for example Text(ThisRecord.Type) is, that I want the excel to show the text value for the Type column, rather than Column Choice ID (number).

So does anyone know, what is going on with my app? Has there been some update, that I am not aware of?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Fosse  

We have identified the issue and an update is currently being deployed to all regions to address this issue and in some cases has already completed.  

Depending on your region, the following versions (or later) contain the fix:

You will need to edit, save, and re-publish your app(s) for the fix to take effect.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fosse,

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, the first screenshot you provided is so blurry that I could not see the problem at all?

In addition, I think you could modify the formula as below:

ForAll(Gallery3.AllItems,Collect(colDataExported,{ID: Label1.Text, Problem: Label2.Text,Type:Label3.Text, Category:Label4.Text, Root_Cause:Label5.Text...}));

If you worry about the data type, you could replace the ThisRecord with the specific control.

Could you please post a clear screenshot.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Hello,

Here's the picture:

screen3.png

This video is practically the scenario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRn7br2OaxE

So I have created a similar gallery view, which is used to edit a Dataverse for Teams table. I don't know if it possible to use specific controls instead of ThisRecord, because those rows in the Gallery are coming from the Dataverse-table.

In the Dataverse for Teams table, Category, Type and Root Cause are type Multichoice.

I was just thinking, is it possible that:

ForAll(Gallery3.AllItems,Collect(colDataExported,{ID: ThisRecord.ID, Problem: ThisRecord.Problem,Type:Text(ThisRecord.Type), Category:Text(ThisRecord.Category),Root_Cause:ThisRecord.Root_Cause, Solution: ThisRecord.Solution,Status_with_comments: ThisRecord.'Status With Comment',Responsible: ThisRecord.Responsible, Support_function: ThisRecord.'Support function', Priority: ThisRecord.Prio,Solution_cost: ThisRecord.'Solution cost', Start_Date: ThisRecord.'Start Date', End_Date: ThisRecord.'End Date', Effect: ThisRecord.Effect, Status: ThisRecord.'Problem Status', Planned_End: ThisRecord.'Planned End', Location:ThisRecord.CreatorCity, Department: ThisRecord.CreatorDepartment}));

Set(varFileLink,'PowerApp->Content'.Run(JSON(colDataExported,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData & JSONFormat.IgnoreUnsupportedTypes)).filelink);

Launch(varFileLink);
Clear(colDataExported)

Converts the Gallery Items to JSON-format and that would cause the problem, because {"ID":0, "Value":"JDI"} seems like JSON-format?

_Corey_
Power Apps
Power Apps

@Fosse  

We have identified the issue and an update is currently being deployed to all regions to address this issue and in some cases has already completed.  

Depending on your region, the following versions (or later) contain the fix:

You will need to edit, save, and re-publish your app(s) for the fix to take effect.

View solution in original post

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. My App started working better after I updated to 3.21055.27, but I still have one problem, that did not exist before all of these problems started: the DefaultSelectedItems-property of the comboboxes is not working like it did previously. 

I have a gallery, where Dataverse For Teams-table is the data source for the comboboxes. However, DefaultSelectedItems: {Value: ThisItem.Column} does not automatically show the Column value that the gallery item has in the Dataverse for Teams table. It did show it before, now it just shows blank. If I select a value from the combobox and patch the selected value to the table, it works, but after that the combobox just turns to blank instead of showing the selected & patched for the gallery item.

Hi @Fosse,

Glad that you have solved your problem.

If you have a new issue, could you please open a new case to describe them?

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,716)