Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mchrzanowski
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox bug with filter having 'not equal to'

Hello,

I've noticed unusual behaviour in combobox, while using '<>' in filter. Basicly, if filter contains 'not' in any way( <>, !IsBlank, etc), items in combobox are not showing correctly. 

Why I think it's a bug? Same formula for dropdown gives correct items.

I created some sample data to visualize it:
Sharepoint list:

mchrzanowski_0-1642409697133.png

Formula (preview giving correct output):

mchrzanowski_1-1642409795919.png

Combobox: 

mchrzanowski_2-1642409817069.png

As you can see, instead of having only OK, I have both items. Saving, closing and reopening app does not fix it. Basicly, the 'Tools<>Blank()' part is being ignored. If I change it to 'equals', f.e. 'Tools=1' it will work fine.  But in Dropdown everything works fine, despite having exactly the same code, so looks like combobox have problem with negation.

Have you experienced something like this before? Can it be caused by delegation? Or maybe I missed something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mchrzanowski
Helper I
Helper I

Creating local collection first, then using it in combobox fixes the issue of displaying not filtered data, but still I think that this is bug related to delegation. If formula can't be delegated, something breaks in combobox. If I remember correctly, this formula was working fine before and suddenly something went wrong.

Can someone confirm, that you have the same issue, before I submit it as a bug?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mchrzanowski
Helper I
Helper I

Creating local collection first, then using it in combobox fixes the issue of displaying not filtered data, but still I think that this is bug related to delegation. If formula can't be delegated, something breaks in combobox. If I remember correctly, this formula was working fine before and suddenly something went wrong.

Can someone confirm, that you have the same issue, before I submit it as a bug?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,185)