Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StanP
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox has values inside but still requires values

Hello all,

I have an issue with a Customized SharePoint Form where I have removed a text input and have put a combobox in its card. The combobox itself is looking at another site's list to take reference from there.

On the Datacard and Combobox control I have the following properties setup:
Combobox: DefaultSelectedItems:
{ '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Id: LookUp('Customer Code','Customer Name' = Parent.Default).ID,
Value: LookUp('Customer Code','Customer Name' = Parent.Default).'Customer Name'
}

Combobox:Items:

'Customer Code'.'Customer Name'

DataCard:Update:

Combobox.Selected.'Customer Name'

*Combobox is not multi select *

I use the combobox to look at another site with populated items where to choose a customer from. On my main sharepoint list - the combobox is updating the list and I can clearly see that the item/column has values inserted into it.

The DataCard is switched between required and not required based on a condition from another field.

When a request is created, a flow is started and is sending an email to the enxt person to approve the request,now when this person edits the form , he can see that the combobox has values into it but when he presses an Approve button - it should submit the form but it says there are required values or unsupported symbols and the error message for the Combobox appears and it says its required. Note that if the field is not required the form is submitted successfully.

I did some tests with a text field to grab the selected values from a combobox and indeed when I see if it grabbed the values from the combobox , its empty - therefore the combobox has not passed its values(is empty on the backend somewhere but clearly shows values both in the field and in the sharepoint list) This is fascinating to me as I 've not seen such an issue before where you see the values but u cannot submit the form because a field appears to be empty when its not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@StanP 

The issue is that you are using single column tables in your formulas but need more information in order to provide to the Update property.

Change your Items property to: 

ForAll('Customer Code',
    {Id: ID, 
     Value: 'Customer Name'
    }
)

Change your DefaultSelectedItems property to:

With(LookUp('Customer Code','Customer Name' = Parent.Default),
   {
    Id: ID,
   }
) 

Change your Update property to:

Combobox.Selected

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@StanP 

The issue is that you are using single column tables in your formulas but need more information in order to provide to the Update property.

Change your Items property to: 

ForAll('Customer Code',
    {Id: ID, 
    }
)

Change your DefaultSelectedItems property to:

With(LookUp('Customer Code','Customer Name' = Parent.Default),
   {
    Id: ID,
   }
) 

Change your Update property to:

Combobox.Selected

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

StanP
Helper I
Helper I

@RandyHayes 

Thanks a million!

Hey, @RandyHayes 

The list I was looking in has around 1.1k values , the formula you provided returns the list but it is missing some of the customers. Is there another way to bring back all of the entries in the other list? As I understand the For All could miss some entries if there are bigger numbers.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,561)