cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vk26
Frequent Visitor

Combobox lookup eq null error

I have a combobox that users need to select an option from. When they select an option, a lookup is performed to obtain a value. Because the combobox has no default value, the formula is returning an eq null not supported error. I have tried proceeding the lookup with an if combobox is blank then put the value as 0 but this does not resolve the issue. There must be a way of overcoming this! Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vk26
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-yujincui-msft - I ended up getting it to work late on last night by using the !IsBlank - I was trying to write a separate line but the lookup was still failing. I wasn't aware of the use of exclamation mark as not so this seemed to work for me! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vk26 ,

Sorry i am a little confused about your description.

Could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration? That will make it much easier to assist.

If you want to filter the data based on the option selected by the Combo Box Control, i have made a test for your reference.

1. Here is my SharePoint list.

vyujincuimsft_0-1653465336130.png

2. Here is my App.

Select the Gallery and apply the following formula on its Items property as:

If(!IsEmpty(ComboBox1.SelectedItems),Filter(datasource,columnname= ComboBox1.Selected.Result),datasource)

or

If(!IsEmpty(ComboBox1.SelectedItems),Filter(datasource,columnname=ComboBox1.Selected.Value),datasource)

vyujincuimsft_1-1653465546606.png

Result Screenshot:

vyujincuimsft_2-1653465731296.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

vk26
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-yujincui-msft - I ended up getting it to work late on last night by using the !IsBlank - I was trying to write a separate line but the lookup was still failing. I wasn't aware of the use of exclamation mark as not so this seemed to work for me! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,187)