cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combobox making form invalid when filled and with the required field dependent on a dropdown selected value

Hi,

Whenever I try to edit a form with a combobox with a preselected option, I get a form validation error. If I reselect it, the error goes away and I'm able to save the form. 

I set the required and the visibility fields based on a dropdown selected value:

If(DataCardValue6.Selected.Value="À medida";true;false)

If I set the required field as false, the error disappears, but I'd still like to make this combobox required if another option is selected on a dropdown. Any workaround?

3 REPLIES 3
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Try this. Just write

DataCardValue6.Selected.Value="À medida"

in Combo box required and visible property

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more details? What is the DefaultSelectItems of the Combo box? 

I have met this issue in some cases, e.g.

Solved: Re: Combo box "Selected" not really selected until... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

So if you have Combobox.Selected in Update property of the data card, and auto selected an item in the Combo box, the value still could be blank. 

The workaround mentioned in the thread above is modifying the DefaultSelectItems of the Combo box to make it has an item from the same source of the Form's field.

Please have a try and hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still does not work...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,997)