Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox not displaying all results?

Hi All,

I have a combo box who's item property is being linked back to a sharepoint list.

The sharepoint list has 3 columns: Title, Name, Email. Sometimes the email could be blank.

I have a combo box who's item property is being refered back to Name. But the records who's email addresses are blank are not coming up in the combo-box. Only the one's who have both name and email address is coming up, where this should not be the case, as the item property is set to myList.Name not myList.Email

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Vishal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Combobox not displaying all results?

@Vishal2 
Two questions:

#1  Have you gone into advanced settings and changed the delegation limit to 2,000 records?

#2 Have you tried simply making the Items property this?

MyList

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Vishal2 

What did you set the DisplayFields and SearchFields properties to?  They should both be this.

["Name"]

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@mdevaney Hey,

Yes. Tried doing that. But if I do that, it just comes up all blank in combobox. My list has 900+ records, is that a problem?

Thanks,

Vishal

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Vishal2 
Two questions:

#1  Have you gone into advanced settings and changed the delegation limit to 2,000 records?

#2 Have you tried simply making the Items property this?

MyList

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hey, Thanks for the reply again.

Yes and Yes, Tried that after your suggestion but unfortunately no luck 😞

Regards,

Vish

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Vishal2 
Well that's super WEIRD!  Is the name column a 'single line of text' data type in SharePoint?

---

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

It's working now. I believe it was the deligation limit. It took a while to come in effect. But it worked.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciated

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Vishal2 

Awesome.  Best of luck in building your app!

---

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,036)