cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tono_Analyst2
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox not listing all items - Delegation Bug?

Hi,

I am using a SharePoint list as the source of a Combo box and noticed that when I set the delegation limit to 1, it only showed one item.

Given that I have not added any non-delegable operations to the CB source, why is it following this limit? 

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @Tono_Analyst2 ,

That is because of the built-in Search function in a combo box, which is not Delegable. Turn off this and you will see all your records

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Tono_Analyst2
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

Thank you for your response. The parameter 'Allow Searching' is turned off (IsSearchable = False) and still only shows 1 item.

Is this potentially a bug?

Hi @Tono_Analyst2 ,

It must be with the authoring version - I tested the same thing here with a big list and set my Delegation limit to  1  - Search turned on received 1 item and Search turned off I got the whole list. The one provision here is that any Filter applied in the Items of the Combo Box must be Delegable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

In my case, I have no filters for the items in my combobox. and is directly linked to a SharePoint List. 

I'm not too sure what you mean by it's with the authoring version, is there anything that can be done?

Hi @Tono_Analyst2 ,

You can try to revert the app to an authoring version that worked for you - I have the process in this blog

All I can relate to you other than that is that I cannot reproduce it here.

Hi @WarrenBelz

Thank you for the link to your blog, I tried the various authoring versions but encountered the same issue.

To confirm my issue and provided further clarity, could you please refer to the GIF below. If this is only occurring on my end, how can I report this bug. As I believe this bug extends beyond combo boxes and is affecting my galleries also. 

@Tono_Analyst2 ,

You could lodge a Support Ticket with Microsoft, but I suspect they will tell you to put the Delegation Limit back to what you need. As I mentioned, I cannot duplicate it here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,730)