cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MQN
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox not returning complete record from SQL

Hello, I've been seeing an issue where my Combobox does not seem to return the full record when connecting to SQL data. 

I'm connecting my combobox to a SQL table which has first names, last names, and IDs, and I'd like to allow my users to search via last name, select a record, and then use a hidden field to pass the ID along to a form. However, when I set my combobox to display First Name/Last Name as primary and secondary text, and use Last Name as the search field, the combobox.SelectedItems record only contains the fields used for display/searching in the combo box. 

Is there a way to avoid a second lookup to get the full record, or to at least increase the columns returned in the record, or is that just how things are going to have to be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MQN
Helper I
Helper I

nevermind, I figured it out, you can add additional display fields in advanced - Data - DisplayFields

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MQN
Helper I
Helper I

nevermind, I figured it out, you can add additional display fields in advanced - Data - DisplayFields

View solution in original post

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

It looks like you were able to get your issue figured out. I just wanted to follow up with a bit more information for learning. Feel free to take a look.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/add-move-or-delete-fields-on-form

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,746)