Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivereckes
Helper I
Helper I

Combobox not searchable when SortByColumns

I got a Combobox with a SortByColumn, which doesnt allow me to search the Items

SortByColumns(Mitarbeiterliste;"Display_Name";Ascending)

IsSearchable is activated and stays activated.

If i only put in Mitarbeiterliste.Display_Name it is searchable

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Olivereckes ,

There is a Delegation issue with that structure, but you can "fool" Power Apps like this provided you do not have more records than your (500-2000) Delegation limit

With(
   {
      wData:
      SortByColumns(
         Mitarbeiterliste;
         "Display_Name"
      )
   },
   wData
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

It should search based on data sources. For example, I have an SP list and have filed called Priority then combo box Items property is

SortByColumns(Choices('Issue tracker'.Priority),"Value",Ascending)

All Items

StalinPonnusamy_1-1626930414112.png

Search:

StalinPonnusamy_0-1626930396823.png

Olivereckes
Helper I
Helper I

@WarrenBelz 

@StalinPonnusamy 

Thanks both of you for your answer.

But it didn't work for me.

@WarrenBelz I tried this code, it showed the Items from my list, but it still isnt searchable

@StalinPonnusamy I think i cant use "Choices" because in my Sharepoint list, the Columns are Single Line of Text

You got any more advices for me?

Hi @Olivereckes ,

Something else is wrong here - see below

CBFind.jpg

SearchCB2.gif

What type of field is Display_Name?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Its a Calculated Column

@Olivereckes ,

Well that explains it - they are a bad idea at the best of times in Power Apps and you have shown me another reason to tell people not to use them. They are historical structures designed for SharePoint and InfoPath interfaces.

Please consider another method (possibly populating a text column with the result in Power apps when the underlying values are changed).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (958)