cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puddlestomper

Combobox not showing data

Hi everyone

Apologies if this post is already somewhere  else and I overlooked.

I have two combobox to filter a gallery. The datasource of which are two  text columns with 5 different options (department and city) from a table in dataverse. I need to set up a distinct(datasource.columnname). The problem is that, although  powerapps doesn't seem to have any problem when I type the items (datasource.column), it doesn't give me any data  back but instead everything is blank. The only items I am allow to display are the primary keys of the table. I also tried to create a collection to obtain the data then connect the combobox to this  collection but it didn't work either, instead the collection showed "[object Object]". I've scratched my head for a few days around this and I don't seem to figure out the issue.  None of my combos work. I would be grateful if someone could help. 

Thank you very much 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Puddlestomper 

In the Combobox control's Items property, can you try to add the expression as:

Choices(TableName.ColumnName)

Also, verify the Fields selected in the Combobox properties.

yashag2255_0-1625678931318.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @yashag2255 

Thank you very much but I also tried this option and unfortunately  didn't work. I forgot to mention this in my first post. In fact when I tried that option powerapps  rejected the statement. Tablename.columnname seems to be accepted but the return is blank. 

Thank you very much for your help it's really appreciated. 

@Puddlestomper 

TableName.ColumnName and Choices(TableName.ColumnName) are two different functions and works differently. Can you please confirm the type of field which you are trying to keep on the combobox? If you can share a bit more details about the data model, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,721)