cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Combobox options cut off

Hi! I have a combobox near the bottom of the screen, and the options expand past the bottom, preventing users from seeing them. Can I change the options to make the options open upwards instead of downwards, or reduce the vertical height of the menu? I've not been able to find an answer and it seems arbitrary which way dropdowns and comboboxes open.

Thanks,

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Asdetevo ,

Do you want to reduce the vertical height of the menu within the ComboBox?
Do you want the ComboBox Options to be expend upwards instead of downwards?

If you want to reduce the vertical height of the menu within the ComboBox, I think there is no direct option to achieve your needs in PowerApps. As alternative solution, please set the PaddingBottom property and PaddingTop property of the ComboBox control to following:

0  // zero

If you want the ComboBox Options to be expend upwards instead of downwards, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. As an fixed solution, you could consider move the corresponding data card (which contains this ComboBox) to the last order within your Edit form:

7.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @v-xida-msft 

I've got the same issue, and above mentioned options did not work for me. Reducing the padding just puts the options closer to each other, but still options are cut off from the screen.

Of course the second option is not possible if the combobox is outside of a datacard.

In my case my app has been published for several months working fine, and suddenly the options from comboboxes got cut off. Could it be because of an update to PowerApps?

Thanks!

Ski 

Highlighted

I am having the same issue in multiple apps. Here is one example:

image.png

I don't need to be able to have specific control over the direction or size of the menu. An open menu should just never exceed the available screen space. Multiple live apps affected here. I'd love to see this issue fixed in an upcoming update.

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Bump! Still an inconvenient issue. 

Highlighted

Confirming this issue. I have tried many scenarios and it seems that there is a bug with the ComboBox. If there are a lot of items in the list, the fly-out does not adjust it's height so that it remains on screen. Instead it extends past the screen or canvas area and items from the list are not accessible.

This does not happen with a dropdown box, however there are scenarios where the combobox is more desirable over a simple dropdown.

2020-03-11 10_05_43.png2020-03-11 10_05_59-.png

Highlighted

Can confirm, combobox should open on top when not visible.

Highlighted

I am having this issue as well. Cannot figure out a solution.

Highlighted

Bump this, there should be an option to have the lists go up instead of down.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Still an issue for me too

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,096)