Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combobox resets value to null

Hi

When I go from Display form to Edit it resets my combobox. i have tried editing the Default value.. but it gives me and error

2018-07-19 11_42_07-ActionPlan_GBJ - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

2018-07-19 11_35_05-ActionPlan_GBJ - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Combobox resets value to null

If this field is part of a form then you should be able to go into the Fields property of the Form and remove the field then add the field back. This will reset the field the properties, so if you had changed any of the properties you will need to reapply those changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

@Jeff_Thorpe is right. The default behavior of the Combo Box control could be reset by hide/show the corresponding DataCard within the Fields list.

For your reference:

67.PNG

Could you please explain a bit for what you would like to achieve here?

Basically the Defaultselecteditems property expects a table which contains the records selected from the items configured within the items property of the Combo Box control.

If you would like to set default value of the ComBo Box, then you may consider set:

Default property : Parent.Default

DefaultSelectedItems: Table(Parent.Default)

And this assume the Assigned to is a lookup (or a person or group ) field, if it is a Text field, then the formula would be a little different.

Let me know if you need any further help on this topic.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Should have clarified something.

1. the App is NOT generated. It's built from scratch.
  2. I need to get data from Office365 users connection.
    1. I need display name & email address.
    2. this data is then stored in an Azure SQL database.
    3. All this is working fine.

My problem is that when I want to edit said plan or instances. the default value is nothing. because I can't get it to take it from the SQL database as Parent.Default

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,597)