cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Combobox search string not working after save

Hello, I still have the unresolved problem of a combobox search not working as soon as the previous search results have been saved to the datasource.

A fresh launch of the app clears the problem, until the data is saved, at which point the search does not work again.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this may be happening?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Combobox search string not working after save

If you have linked the datasource directly to the combobox, you might have to refresh your datasource first:

Refresh(DataSource);

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Englishweb ,

Could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Could you please show more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the ComboBox?

Further, have you taken a try to reset your ComboBox after your saving search result back to your data source?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Add the following formula within the the OnSelect property of your "Submit" button:

// SubmitForm(..) formula or Patch(...) formula to patch data to your data source 
...;
Refresh('YourSPList');   // Add following formulas
Set(IsReset, false);
Set(IsReset, true)

Set the Reset property of the ComboBox to following:

IsReset

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @v-xida-msft 

Thank you so much for your patience!

I tried your suggestions but I still have the same problem of the search list selection not working after patch.

Here are 2 screen shots of the app and the ComboBox properties.

combo properties.pngtext boxes detail.png

I hope this helps solve the problem

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Is the items property a variable?

If so when you save the result follow on from this formula by setting the variable again.

From what i can tell it similar to my situation (hopefully i understood it right):

Gallery items set to a variable

Dropdown changes a variable within the variable

gallery doesn't refresh

add Set(Variable,formula) to the end of the on change event for the drop down and it works perfectly.

Seems to be a bug when you have a variable within a variable that is doesn't refresh it.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Englishweb ,

Do you mean that you could not type search key within the ComboBox after you patch data back to your SP list?

Could your please share more details about the value within the Items property of the ComboBox? Is it a variable?

If you set the Items property of the ComboBox to a variable or Collection, please consider re-set the variable or collection after executing your Patch formula.

Please add the following formula after your Patch formula within the OnSelect property fo the "Submit" button:

Patch(...);
Set(Variable, ...);   // Re-set variable based on your data source 
// ClearCollect(Collection, ...)  Re-collect collection based on your data source

I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please consider re-create a new app based on your SP list data source, then check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @v-xida-msft @Delid4ve 

The items property of the ComboBox is an excel table: DRAFTALLSTUDENTSTABLE, so not a variable

The results of the combobox are sent to the text box:

If(ShowSavedValue, ThisItem.Student2, Concat(S2ComboConcat.SelectedItems, PRENOM & " " & NOM, ","))

The text box is is patched to an Excel datasource:

Patch(DRAFTSUMMARYDATATABLE,ThisItem,{Student2:S2StudentNameConcat.Text});UpdateContext({LetsEdit: false })
;Set(ShowSavedValue, true)

The text box is in collection: ClearCollect(CollectTutorInfoALLS2,{Student2:S2StudentNameConcat.Text})

The Combobox is in  collection: ClearCollect(CollectComboS2,{NOM:S2ComboConcat.SelectedItems.NOM});

Does this help identify the problem?

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry still trying to understand what you are saying isn't working.

If i get this right:

select combo box values from DRAFTALLSTUDENTSTABLE

send values to text box

patch values to DRAFTSUMMARYDATATABLE **what starts this process**

then whats not working...

also where are the 2 collections you mention, ie when do these get collected and where are they being used?

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello @Delid4ve 

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

The clearcollect and the patch are all in the OnSelect property of a button

Everything saves to the Excel datasource  and the search works fine in the combobox. 😊

However, after saving data the combobox search function doesn't work for further searches (nothing happens when I type the first few letters of a name). Restarting the app cures the problem until the next save.

What have I done wrong??

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Your still confusing me.. 😀

Everything saves to the Excel datasource  and the search works fine in the combobox.

contradicts this:

However, after saving data

so it works when you save but then not when you save.  Sorry trying to visualise this..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,546)