cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Combobox value is Not getting Saved in SharePoint List

Hi, 

I am facing an issue with PowerApps ComboBox control.

We are trying to change the SharePoint default form and create a PowerApps form. We have a combo box which is taking value from another list (I changed the item property of Combobox1 to this (SortByColumns(Filter(CategoryCollection, 'Content approval status'="Approved"), "Title", Ascending).Title) ). Combo box is working as expected , we can see the values based on the filtering criteria. 

However, When we save the data to the SharePoint list , Combobox1 value is not getting saved. 

Can anyone please help us?  Appreciate your help 

Please let me know if you need any additional information. 

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

OK @kris_vin ,

That is why we are all struggling to get a solution.

Can you please let us know who you want to answer this - we can all help you.

Thanks @WarrenBelz .

I appreciate , if you can help me on this

Thanks

OK @kris_vin ,

I asked this as the solution is not simple on a Lookup column.

I am just back on line now due to time zone (8:30am here) so have now read your responses.

Firstly, a Lookup column is seeking the ID of the item referenced in the other list, so you cannot write multiple values to it that do not match the specs. What are you trying to do with this Lookup column and why do you need to write data different to what can be chosen in its Choices?

Hi @kris_vin ,

Could you please share a bit more about the LookUp type column in your Main SP List? Do you enable "Allow multiple selections" option for this LookUp field in your Main SP list?

Does the LookUp field reference values from the Title field in your Categories SP List (second SP List)?

If you have enabled "Allow multiple selections" option for this LookUp field in your Main SP list, I think there is something wrong with your formula.

Please consider set the Update property of the LookUp field Data card in your Edit form to following:

ForAll(
       ComboBox1.SelectedItems,
       {
         Id: ID,
         Value: Title
       }
)

Note: I assume that the LookUp field references values from the Title field in your Categories SP List (second SP List)

In addition, please set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the ComboBox to following:

ForAll(
       ThisItem.LookUpField,
       {
         Title: Value,
         ID: Id
       }
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @kris_vin ,

I will leave you with @v-xida-msft here as they have responded.

I am not a user of these fields (I have in the past, but have abandoned them due to being able to do everything in Power Apps). 

@v-xida-msft is correct about the multiple selection option (which slipped my mind), as long as the values line up with what can be selected.

@v-xida-msft 

it worked !!!  Thank you so much !!! 

@WarrenBelz  Thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,332)