Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeB_CDN
Helper III
Helper III

Combox with Sequence on Item Property won't search

Hello, 

I'm not sure if this is a limitation? But I'm trying to use a ComboBox to select a number from 1 to 100,  using:

Sequence(100)    

on the the Items property of the ComboBox . I want the user to be able to start typing a number and have the dropdown jump to that number (autofill / predictive).

However, the Allow Searching property will not change to true, even with Allow Multiple Selections... Is this a known issue using number sequences in a ComboBox ? Is there another way to make this autofill / predictive search functionality work on a numbered ComboBox dropdown list? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @LeeB_CDN 

The reason for this behaviour is because the ComboBox can search only text values. Sequence returns numeric values.

If you set the Items property of your ComboBox to the following, you can enable Search on the TextValue field.

ForAll(Sequence(100),
       {NumValue:Value, TextValue:Text(Value)}
) 

You can then retrieve the selected numeric value through the NumValue field (eg, ComboBox1.Selected.NumValue)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @LeeB_CDN 

The reason for this behaviour is because the ComboBox can search only text values. Sequence returns numeric values.

If you set the Items property of your ComboBox to the following, you can enable Search on the TextValue field.

ForAll(Sequence(100),
       {NumValue:Value, TextValue:Text(Value)}
) 

You can then retrieve the selected numeric value through the NumValue field (eg, ComboBox1.Selected.NumValue)

View solution in original post

That did the trick! Thanks for that!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,455)