cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CallenAET
Advocate I
Advocate I

Command Bar Preview -power fx syntax

Currently using the patch command to copy a selected records values. This works great for text columns, but comes up blank for Fields that are Lookups. IE I have a field with a Customer Name or Project Name and this patch does not copy the data:

Patch('Hazards', Defaults('Hazards'), {'Customer Name': Self.Selected.Item.'Customer Name',Project:Self.Selected.Item.Project});

Does not error out but does not copy any data to those particular fields. Not supported or is my syntax ma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@CallenAET In order to patch a LookUp column you need to provide a record for this field. So you Patch Would look like this

Patch('Hazards', Defaults('Hazards'), 
{'Customer Name': {
            Id: ,
            Value: ""
        },
Project:{
        }
});

So you need to have the Id and the Value of the LookUp Lists item.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@CallenAET In order to patch a LookUp column you need to provide a record for this field. So you Patch Would look like this

Patch('Hazards', Defaults('Hazards'), 
{'Customer Name': {
        },
Project:{
        }
});

So you need to have the Id and the Value of the LookUp Lists item.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
CallenAET
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you!

Can this also be used in conjunction with the navigate feature? I am trying to navigate to a new form with a lookup field defaulted. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,307)