Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salesforce
Helper III
Helper III

Comments are not getting updated in sharepoint list and in power apps

Hello Team ,

My power app is based on an assigned form, when a user adds on the comment it should get reflected in the sharepoint list and gallery.The user is adding the approver comments for the assigned forms but the comments are not getting reflected in sharepoint list and gallery.

Approver Comments is a multi-text line in sharepoint.While creating a gallery -i used a label for approvercomments as lblcomments.

I tried using a patch function :on select property 

Patch(list,{ID:landingpageTable.Selected.ID{{Approver Comments:{Text:ThisItem.ApproverComments})

Alternative

patch(list,{'ApproverComments':lblapprovercomments.Text})

Can anyone help me out.Is this the correct way im using it.Any help very much appericated.Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Crullgl
Helper I
Helper I

check to see if your comment box in your dataset is text and not multi line text this can impact it.  If its multi line in data set I always find easier to make it single and then have power apps treat it as multi-line. Don't ask why it does just works.  Otherwise you will use different script. 

here is another way to approach it to.

Patch( List, Defaults(List), { Title: "New Title Value", MultipleLinesOfText: "Multiple Lines" & Char(10) &"Of Text Value" } )

Hi @Crullgl ,

Thanks for your respone.Let me try and update .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,261)