Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Company name to reflect based on drop down

Hello All, 

I have groupby formula which is used inside gallery. I have 2 year drop down where if the user selects 2008 year from one drop down and 2010 from other dropdown for comparison of 2 years data. 

Right now in group by function I have added dropdown1 result, so the result will show company which has data based on that, if I change from dropdown1 to 2 also it shows only for that. 

I want gallery to show company names against those selected dropdowns, even if the data is available in any one of the year. Please advise how to do this. 

@eka24

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Company name to reflect based on drop down

Please show a screenshot of the formulas in the Dropdowns.

Also what formula do you have in the Gallery items

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi,

Gallery formula is below

nagaraj007_0-1596365053859.png

Dropdown (From year) formula is

nagaraj007_1-1596365095070.png

Dropdown (To year) formula is

nagaraj007_2-1596365132638.png

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi Eka,

I used the formula you gave to me

SortByColumns(GroupBy(Filter(MyCombinedTable,Year = 'from year'.Selected.Result Or Year=

'to year'.Selected.Result),"Company Name","Membership No.","Membership Category","grpcomp"),"Company Name",Ascending)

But its showing all the Companies even if the data is not there for both the years. 

I want to filter and show Company list if the data is available in any of the one year 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try

SortByColumns(GroupBy(Filter(MyCombinedTable,Year = 'from year'.Selected.Result && Year=

'to year'.Selected.Result),"Company Name","Membership No.","Membership Category","grpcomp"),"Company Name",Ascending)

Do you have a separate Column in your table for From And To Dates or only one column for all the dates.

If you have separate columns use

SortByColumns(GroupBy(Filter(MyCombinedTable,FromColumn = 'from year'.Selected.Result Or ToColumn=

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi,

I have only one column called Year which i will be using for both the dropdown for comparing.

I used the first formula but the gallery is showing blank. Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,081)