Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMAFO
Helper V
Helper V

Compare Gallery Items to Collection

Hello everyone,

I need to compare items in a Gallery control to the Collection that it patches to. 

If the item exists in the gallery, but not the collection data source, I need to display a warning in a textbox. This is what I have tried:

If(CountRows(Filter(POCollection, ID = ThisItem.ID)) > 0,true,false)

However, everything is coming up as true. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JMAFO ,

I assume this label is in the gallery - if you put this on the Visible, it should display if there is not matching item (on ID) in the collection - I also assume that the Items of the Gallery are not based on the Collection

IsBlank(
   LookUp(
      POCollection,
      ID=ThisItem.ID
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @JMAFO ,

I assume this label is in the gallery - if you put this on the Visible, it should display if there is not matching item (on ID) in the collection - I also assume that the Items of the Gallery are not based on the Collection

IsBlank(
   LookUp(
      POCollection,
      ID=ThisItem.ID
   )
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz thanks for your help. 

The items of the Gallery are based on the Collection. With your solution I'm getting an error "This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation."

Thoughts?

Hi @JMAFO ,

That formula is valid (I just tested it here) if

• ThisItem.ID is valid (you have the ID contained in the Gallery Items)
  • PDCollection also had the field ID in it
  • The label is in the gallery

Are any of these not true?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,382)