cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimi_hendrix
Helper II
Helper II

Comparing selections from a multichoice SP list column to another multichoice column on the same list

The title says it all but to elaborate I will go into detail. 

Reviews NeededReviews Completed
Item 1ABC,DEF,GHIABC
Item 2ABC,DEF,GHIGHI,DEF,ABC
Item 3ABC,GHIDEF,GHI

This should outline the majority of the use cases.

As you can tell, Item 2 should be good to go and I would like to flag this as good to go.. For now as long as I have a condition that spits out "GOOD", that is all I would need.. The other two items are not good. The output of Item 1, should ready, that Review DEF and GHI are still needed. While Item 3 should spit out Review ABC is still needed.. 

Any help with this to incorporate into powerapps canvas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristóf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Kristf_0-1664407923675.png

Lbl_review_needed.Text = Concat(Sort(ThisItem.'Review needed',Value),Value," ")
Lbl_review_complated.Text =Concat(Sort(ThisItem.'Review Completed', Value),Value, " ")
Lbl_ok_not_ok.Text = If(Lbl_review_needed.Text=Lbl_review_completed.Text,"Good 👍🏻","Review: "&Concat(Filter(ThisItem.'Review needed'.Value,Not(Value in ThisItem.'Review Completed'.Value)),Value&" "))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @jimi_hendrix ,

I don't have time to test this, but my first try would look like this:

IsEmpty(
	Filter(
		ThisItem.'Reviews Needed',
		Not(Value in ThisItem.'Reviews Completed')
	)
)

Basically it uses a filter to check if there's anything in 'Reviews Needed' that is not in 'Reviews Completed'. If this returns no Items, meaning all values in 'Reviews Needed' are also in 'Reviews Completed', the IsEmpty function will return true.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Thanks for the quick reply @BCBuizer ,

Unfortunately this didnt work. This always returns false.. even when there is a single match or all match. 

This is definitely a different direction then I was expecting so I will investigate further but if you know what could be tweaked on the above, let me know.. 

Thanks

Kristóf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Kristf_0-1664407923675.png

Lbl_review_needed.Text = Concat(Sort(ThisItem.'Review needed',Value),Value," ")
Lbl_review_complated.Text =Concat(Sort(ThisItem.'Review Completed', Value),Value, " ")
Lbl_ok_not_ok.Text = If(Lbl_review_needed.Text=Lbl_review_completed.Text,"Good 👍🏻","Review: "&Concat(Filter(ThisItem.'Review needed'.Value,Not(Value in ThisItem.'Review Completed'.Value)),Value&" "))

jimi_hendrix
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you both.. @BCBuizer and @Kristóf 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,880)