cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benogo
Frequent Visitor

Component Gallery Navigation not working properly on Ipad

Hi All,

I built a component gallery navigation component using Daniel Christian's  Youtube Video. 

My component uses a collection for the Gallery items.

Benogo_0-1653499596574.png

The Component has an output property called Destination screen

Benogo_1-1653499723415.png

The Gallery onselect is set to Navigate('FooterComponent_Type 2'.DestinationScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade); Set(varSelected, ThisItem.Screen.Name)

Benogo_2-1653500410243.png

The Challenge

Everything works on the computer, but on my iPad I have observed that I need two taps to navigate. Also if you tap one item in the Gallery and then tap another item, it navigates to the first item that was tapped. It doesn't seem to happen with a mouse click. Any ideas why this could be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benogo
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. It turns out it is a problem with IOS communicating with the output property of the component.

I tested it on android phone and worked well. Copied and pasted the gallery from the navigation component as a normal gallery item on the screen and it works well on the ipad.

There has to be an IOS problem with communicating the output property of the component.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kylzbaba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is it better practice to put the onselect formular on the element inside the template rather than on the entire gallery. The click behavior is more precise with mouse clicks but on tablets and on phone screens maybe not so precise. Remove the navigate and set formular from the gallery onselect and put it rather on the rectangle. 
Benogo
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. It turns out it is a problem with IOS communicating with the output property of the component.

I tested it on android phone and worked well. Copied and pasted the gallery from the navigation component as a normal gallery item on the screen and it works well on the ipad.

There has to be an IOS problem with communicating the output property of the component.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,834)