cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d6410
Helper II
Helper II

Component Library not updating

I created a component library that is only text boxes - there are a lot of them, 75-83 per app. Nothing complicated though, only text boxes (same text box is used across 20+ apps). When I try to update the components in the app, it just perpetually is loading and then freezes. Is it because there's too many components? 

6 REPLIES 6
jblomberg
Helper I
Helper I

I'm having a similar issue. I haven't go nearly as much components used in my apps as you do, but it won't update a recent change I've made...

I have exactly the same issue. Didn't find any solution so far : (

I tried re-importing the components. That works, but I wouldn't recommend it, because you have to delete every instance of the component in your app to be able to import the updated version. I definitely wouldn't try this in one of your production apps and it's a lot of work (depending on how much components you use, of course).

It'd be nice to hear whether Microsoft knows about this issue, because I think this has an impact on a lot of users.

CMGriffiths
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this problem after having had no issues only yesterday. The only change I've made not to the component itself is to move the component library to a solution. 

Edit: To clarify, the component doesn't recognise updates where I am already using it in an app, and where I try and add the component to a new application it freezes on the 'Loading' pop up and never imports. 

Olivia_Dudley
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same here. I added a component to a form and somehow my galleries on that page, which I hadn't updated in days, just stopped working. I'm using the components to get around the control limit. I have rebuilt my app several times in the past few weeks. Every time, it breaks after adding components.

I tried removing all local components and recreated them as library components. Nothing works. *pulling hair out emoji* 👩‍🦲

Robert14356
Resolver I
Resolver I

is there a way to make a ticket to microsoft?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,696)